For senior leaders who want unambiguous clarity of direction, goals and roles. Strategy design is collaboratively accomplished.
For leaders intent on breaking the mold in industries that aren't known for trying new things. Tailored guidance accelerates the work and mitigates risks.
For leaders who crave a firm grasp of the dominant forces that drive results in their organization, and/or their own thinking and behavior.
- The leaders around the table agreed on the mission (the why) but not the what the how.
- The funders disagreed about the future of a revered program.
- A fledgling network was primed to expand its national influence.
- A corporation wanted to design and launch a new social impact initiative that closely aligned with its business strategy.
- A board task force charged with executive recruitment needed to select its top candidate.
- An executive wasn't certain of his company's strategy.
- An entrepreneur's growth plan appeared stymied.
- A leader found herself at a career crossroad.
The length of each engagement depends on context — where you are now and what you want to accomplish.
There is no single, one-size-fits-all time frame.
It can take an afternoon, a long weekend or several months.
Some issues are interpersonal or tactical. They often can be settled with one or more conversations.
Other issues are organizational or systemic. They take a while longer.
Every engagement is different because every organization’s needs are different.
It’s a matter of assessing the situation and your willingness to do the work and take a good, hard look at things.
But don’t worry. You’ll be glad you did.